Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

There are days thatmake you reflective..Father's day is that day for me. Whn my parents divorced when I was twelve I believed it was for the best....my Dad was abusive to my mom and me and my brother. Little did I know that that relationship or lack thereof with my Dad would mold and shape me for the rest of my life. Never would I have imagined how "green" my evyes still can get when I see someone who has a loving relationship with their Dad. Why not me? Why when he left my mom did he leave us too. I know he left physically but I did not expect him to leave emotionally. So now today at 41 I try not to be that hurt little girl but embrace and love. My Dad is deceased and my heavenly Father has taking the lead role in my life. His love is unwavering, unconditional and never ending. For the first time in my life I am whole and its because of his love. God's love. Happy Father's day....

1 comment:

  1. My father left when I was 6 months old. I took ask those same questions with no answers. Growing up I've tried to be what he couldn't be for me and when I'm around kids who like us doesn't have their father in their lives instinctively I try to become that father even if its for a moment so they won't feel what we are feeling. He absent changed my life both negatively and positively. Though I feel I no longer need or want him in my life there are times when I do ask those questions.

    ReplyDelete